Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beauty and Marriage

Most times, we base our choice of pals on their attractiveness and not character. My question is does beauty go with marriage? Well, for me, Marriage is beauty itself. It is ordained by God "It is not good that man should be alone..." It is honourable.

I think beauty is alright. At least, God didn't create Eve to be ugly. I believe that if Eve was ugly, Adam would have no choice but to take her as wife cos she was created from his ribs. In essence, If anyone says Eve was ugly, then he/she is automatically saying that Adam was ugly.

I think we should appreciate what we have. We have God first and foremost and he made all things bright and beautiful. Men are very visual. Its easy for a man to get carried away or taken in by a woman's physical appearance.

Beauty without character/virtue is really shallow. I believe those who are experienced enough don't allow themselves to get taken in by attractiveness only. I have met handsome guys that are terrible liars, cheats and can do anything to get money. We also have women who are like that so one really needs to have a discerning ability.

When I was younger, I could trip for a fine guy but when I get to see that he's such a dishonest character et al, I simply got disillusioned/lose interest completely. Now I am "older n wiser", and couldn't care less if a guy was Mr world and had so much money. I look out for his character, the type of person he is in good times and in adversity etc.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2008 at 8:56 PM , Blogger The Activist said...

Well said my systa. We need to look beyond the pyhsical charmings in all our affairs.

I wil lbe back to comment on the rest of ur posts.

Well done

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home